Are you looking for custom made timber furniture on the Sunshine Coast? Then you’ve come to the right place!
Custom made timber furniture and joinery is our specialty. We take great pride in our creations and only design and handcraft quality solid timber furniture that will last a lifetime. Our talented and experienced team of furniture makers can assist you in turning your dreams in reality, from the design stages right through to installation.
Our furniture is handcrafted, combining traditional craftsmanship with contemporary design. Caring for our environment, we prefer to utilise locally sourced sustainable timbers to construct each unique piece of furniture. We only use commercial grade glues and finishes and recommend regular care to ensure the longevity of your piece. In addition all of our pieces are constructed from kiln dried solid timber, not veneers.
We specialise in custom timber dining tables, bathroom vanities, solid timber kitchen benchtops, entertainment units and timber beds to name a few.
All of our custom furniture is made right here on the Sunshine Coast. Our workshop adjoins our showroom, so you’ll often catch a glimpse of your furniture piece being constructed. Production time varies depending on the availability of the materials you select, but you can expect your handcrafted piece to take approximately six to eight weeks to be constructed.
GET A FREE QUOTE
Just give us a call on 0413 111 595, fill out an order form or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you’re local, we’d love you to visit our furniture showroom at 23 Kayleigh Drive, Buderim to discuss your custom timber furniture and joinery needs.
Sunshine Coast Custom Made Furniture | dining tables | kitchens | chairs | stools | desks | coffee tables | beds | bedside tables | chest of drawers | storage | feature walls | mirrors | wardrobes | benches | commercial shop fitting | bookshelves | entertainment units | kitchen benchtops | timber bench tops | bathroom vanities | Sunshine Coast Furniture Store
FURNITURE CARE GUIDE
Every piece of furniture and joinery at RAW Sunshine Coast is handcrafted from sustainably sourced materials and built to last. The timber utilised for your piece has potentially had 100 years to acclimatise to its surroundings. But no amount of acclimatisation or climate controlled drying will fully prepare the timber for our homes.
We expect a lot from our furniture and rightly so. But if we want our timber furniture to perform to the best of its ability for years to come it must be well looked after. To enjoy the beauty of this product for many years, we recommend that you follow these few simple steps:
- No chemicals should be used on the finished timber, nor should any abrasive products or cloths. Clean with a lightly sprayed water-based cleaning product. It is recommended that an OSMO maintenance kit be used to prevent deterioration.
- There exist natural variations in wood, including knots, cracks, colour, and grain. These are unique to every tree and piece of timber, and therefore furniture. These should not be considered faults but serve to make each and every piece individual.
- Only use furniture for its intended purpose.
- Always lift your furniture when moving it, as dragging it may damage the legs or joints.
- Furniture should be dusted regularly with a clean, cotton cloth. Coasters and placemats should always be used under plates, cups, utensils, and glasses, regardless of whether they are hot or cold. When writing, it is best to use a mat to prevent dents.
- Any spills should be wiped up immediately so as not to cause the finish to break down.
- Prolonged exposure to direct sunlight, heating/cooling vents, or fireplaces should also be avoided. These may damage or discolour the wood/finish.
- Securely anchor any drawers, bookshelves, height charts etc. to a wall to prevent tip over accidents. Furniture anchoring systems / safety straps can be purchased from any hardware store
- Handles, hinges and painted surfaces may chip or become scratched with use over time. Treat these areas with care and do not use any abrasive cleaning cloths or products on them.
- Ensure that any salt build up on aluminum frames is removed with the occasional wipe with warm soapy water.
- If necessary, the timber can be refinished with OSMO. If you wish for the finish to be redone, or for any stains, scratches, chips, or other damage to the repaired, contact RAW Sunshine Coast.
- Our furniture is intended for indoor use, unless otherwise stated. For information on how to care for outdoor furniture, please read our blog here.
We trust you will enjoy this product for many years!
At RAW Sunshine Coast, all products are made of the highest quality timbers and materials and are covered by a two-year manufacturer’s warranty. To ensure the longevity of all pieces, proper handling and maintenance is essential. Please refer to our Furniture Care Guide for more information.
Furniture and joinery should not be subjected to undue stress and only used for their intended purpose. For example, never stand or place heavy objects on furniture. Likewise, furniture should not be dragged or pulled, always lift as doing otherwise may damage the legs or joints. Damage to joints through misuse are not covered.
Unfortunately, the effects of the environment and any natural degradation that may occur are not covered by the warranty. Natural factors may lead to deterioration of the timber such as expansion, shrinking, or discolouration. Small splits and cracks may develop over time. These are a natural phenomenon of timber, not a fault, and add character to the pieces.
Damage to the surface of any product through normal wear and tear, misuse, improper positioning, the use of chemicals or abrasive products are not covered.
The warranty does not cover pieces installed by other companies. It is the installers responsibility to ensure correct fixings, waterproofing and adjustment of drawers and doors.
Unsealed surfaces and pieces, at the request of clients carry a limited warranty. Any surface damage, but not limited to water damage, timber movement, spills etc. is the responsibility of the client (timber needs to be correctly sealed).
Any flaws in the product, as well as any issues with the finished design, must be registered within 24 hours of the product being received. Contact RAW Sunshine Coast to resolve these.
We proudly use OSMO PolyX on all RAW Sunshine Coast timber products. This high-quality finish penetrates deep into the wood, forming a low-maintenance, protective barrier.
OSMO PolyX is a natural oil and wax finish and is available in a natural or semi matt finish. Developed from natural oils and waxes used in the industry for over a century, it penetrates deep into the wood and creates a protective barrier against moisture, abrasions, and scratches.
With this oil, all furniture becomes highly resistant to spills, dirt, dust, and minor damage, as well as liquids such as coffee and wine. However, it is recommended that spills be cleaned immediately.
No chemicals should be used on the finished timber, nor should any abrasive products or cloths as these will break down the finish. Clean with a lightly sprayed water-based cleaning product. It is recommended that an OSMO maintenance kit be used to prevent deterioration. Read more about OSMO here.
We also offer 2 PAC non-grain filled and grain filled options on request. Speak to our friendly staff for more information.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
All custom furniture pieces are made to order. A 50% deposit is required to commence your piece and secure your place in line. Receipt of your deposit confirms that the details on your order are correct. The remainder is due on completion of the order. Once work has commenced, 50% off the full cost will be retained by RAW Sunshine Coast to cover material costs if the order is cancelled.
Returns, Exchanges & Warranty
We take great pride in our products, and we hope you’re delighted with your purchase from RAW Sunshine Coast. At RAW we design and handcraft durable and high quality furniture. Our furniture pieces are designed and constructed allowing for the timbers natural expansion and contraction depending on its surroundings, even old reclaimed timber continues to move, warp and crack and this should be expected. However if you encounter a major problem, RAW happily offers a 2 year manufacturers warranty and will repair or replace a piece with a manufacturing defect. Please see our full warranty for more information. Pick-up and delivery is not included in this warranty. If the piece has a manufacturers fault, under the Australian Consumer Law you are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensations for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
Returns or exchanges are not accepted on custom made pieces if you change your mind. Please be sure to read and follow the furniture care guidelines as RAW Sunshine Coast will not be responsible for any damage caused by the consumer.
Please contact us immediately to discuss any issues.
Any alterations to the order need to be made immediately in writing (email, text message). No alterations can be made once construction has commenced. Additional charges will apply if this occurs.
You can expect your handcrafted piece to take approximately six to eight weeks to be constructed. This may however vary depending on the availability of materials selected and the time of year.
Variations in Timber
Each piece is handcrafted onsite by our expert craftsmen, using new or reclaimed timber. Due to the nature of timber, variations to grain, colour, knots, splits etc. should be expected and each piece will be uniquely different. The RAW team will do our best to match your preferences such as colour and texture, but cannot guarantee exact matches.
Delivery and/or installation is not included unless stated on your order.
Damage in Transit
We take great care in packaging our creations, but in the event that you receive a product that appears to have been damaged in transit you should:
- refuse to accept delivery of the product,
- take a photo of the damaged box/product
- direct the courier to ‘return goods to sender’ and
- contact us within 48 hours at email@example.com